Labels

Monday, October 22, 2012

MmmMonday: Recent Pinterest Recipes

Lately I've been making it a goal to *actually* make some of the probably hundreds of recipes I've pinned/liked on Pinterest. This week I made about 6 of them? Maybe? I lost count. Just see below!

I have the name of the recipe, a picture of how mine turned out  (all from iPhone, didn't make it fancy, sorry ;), and the link where I got the recipe from Pinterest. Also maybe a few notes about if I changed the recipe at all and how I liked it.

Penne Rosa

 
This turned out very well! I think the Southerner in me likes more spice to my pasta sauces, so next time I make it I might experiment with more spices.
 
 Saucy Vegetarian Succotash
with Pesto and Mozzarella Grilled Cheese
 
and
 
The succotash recipe is meant for crock pot, but I don't have one (yet) so I just heated the ingredients on the stove. Turned out great! I knew it would because my cousin Jaret recently made it for us before I attempted to make it myself. As for the grilled cheese, I didn't follow the link I gave above; just put sliced mozzarella and a spoonful of pesto on bread and made it like regular grilled cheese. Too easy, very tasty.
 
Greek Salad Sandwich

 
This one was a little more complicated than I like sandwich making to be, but it turned out very nice! I think I'll make this one for dinner in the future because I don't like lunches to be this complicated, with a food processor and all, especially with two toddlers at my feet. Also I didn't have "rustic bread" so I put the ingredients in a pita pocket. I think I like it better that way!

 
Fall Snack Mix

 
I love an easy festive recipe, and this one really screams fall! You can add and leave out ingredients easily. I left out chocolate puff cereal and honey nut cheerios, and next time I might add raisins! Also wanted to add that I don't like chocolate all that much and it seems like trail mix type snacks are always half M&M's or chocolate chips, so this was perfect for non-chocolate lovers! Great fall snack treat, especially for a crowd. Don't worry, you can add chocolate if that's your thing.
 
Mediterranean Dip (for pita bread)
and Baked Tomatoes with Feta

 
The sundried tomato, feta, and artichoke dip was definitely a win- great combination of flavors. The baked tomatoes were more of an experiment because I had planned to do baked eggplant but it went bad :( So I put tomatoes on a baking sheet with olive oil, basil, lemon juice, and feta and baked it. Turned out nice! Dan really liked it, and he doesn't even like tomatoes!
 
 For more foodie posts, check out the creator of MmmMondays: Emily at Joyful Abode Blog !


No comments:

Post a Comment